This is the SharePoint book for the end-user that wants to become a power-user. It covers a ton of topics and it covers them in-depth.
The book is not intended for SharePoint developers for SharePoint administrators, although most SharePoint developers and administrators are also power users. So the book will come in handy when you're simply using share point as an end-user.
I have listed the table of contents below to give you an idea of what is covered in the book.
1. Introducing SharePoint 2013 2. Administration for business users 3. Working with list and library apps 4. Working with collaboration sites 5. Using Office applications with SharePoint 6. Sharing information with SharePoint social networking 7. Using and creating workflows 8. Planning site content 9. Creating and formatting content pages 10. Adding, editing, connecting, and maintaining web parts 11. Managing documents 12. Designing web content management sites 13. Implementing compliance, records management, and eDiscovery 14. Planning for business intelligence and key performance indicators 15. Implementing better business intelligence with Excel Services and SQL Server 2012 16. Building powerful dashboards with PerformancePoint Services 17. Working with Visio Services 18. Discovering information with SharePoint 2013 Search 19. Creating a customized SharePoint 2013 search experience 20. Creating, managing, and designing sites 21. Creating enterprise forms 22. Working with external content 23. Introduction to custom development
One big plus with this book is that it comes with an e-book download that is free when you purchase the printed book. That makes it very good a reference also.
The authors also have some downloads available of the examples that are used in the book.
This book really surprised me. It had a lot more information in it than I expected. The authors writing styles are great, so it makes for easy read. I would think that most people will use this as a reference though, reading the chapters that address their immediate needs.
Overall this book is definitely worth the cost, especially when you factor in the free e-book. Although my role is usually an administrator of SharePoint or a developer in the SharePoint environment, end users still call me with a lot of questions that I can't answer about using the front end, so I will be keeping this book by my side.
DXWorldEXPO | CloudEXPO are the world's most influential, independent events where Cloud Computing was coined and where technology buyers and vendors meet to experience and discuss the big picture of Digital Transformation and all of the strategies, tactics, and tools they need t...
Founded in 2000, Chetu Inc. is a global provider of customized software development solutions and IT staff augmentation services for software technology providers. By providing clients with unparalleled niche technology expertise and industry experience, Chetu has become the prem...
CloudEXPO New York 2018, colocated with DXWorldEXPO New York 2018 will be held November 11-13, 2018, in New York City and will bring together Cloud Computing, FinTech and Blockchain, Digital Transformation, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, AI, Machine Learning and WebRTC to...
Dynatrace is an application performance management software company with products for the information technology departments and digital business owners of medium and large businesses. Building the Future of Monitoring with Artificial Intelligence
Today we can collect lots and...
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, taking place November 12-13 in New York City, NY, is co-located with 22nd international CloudEXPO | first international DXWorldEXPO and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world.
Your registrations includes: Golden Pass Delegates will receive full conference access on October 20-22, 2008 including: Lunch and Coffee Breaks, Collectible Bag and Archives of all sessions on DVD. Includes access to all Conference Sessions including the Technical Sessions, Exhibits, Keynotes, Vendor Technology Presentations, and Power Panels.
AJAXWorld offers the undisputed best platform to position your company as a leading vendor in the fast-emerging marketplace for AJAX and Enterprise Web 2.0.
Who Should Attend?
• CTOs & VPs of Engineering
• Directors of Technology
• Sr. User Interface Architects
• Front-End Engineers
• VCs & Industry Analysts
• Directors of Business Development
• Software Engineers
• Senior Architects
• Application Programmers & Software Developers
• Project Managers
• Web Programmers & Designers
• Companies & Organizations that need to stay in front of the latest Web technology
AJAXWorld Security Bootcamp
Introducing at AJAXWorld RIA Conference 2008 West the world's first-ever full, one-day immersive "AJAX Security Bootcamp" - led by one of the world's foremost AJAX security experts and teachers, HP's Billy Hoffman.