Industry News Desk
New Relic Announces Real-Time Analytics Platform
Collects, Stores and Processes Trillions of Events from Web and Mobile Software
Mar. 20, 2014 09:00 AM
New Relic on Wednesday announced the arrival of New Relic Insights, a real-time analytics platform that collects, stores and presents valuable data directly from modern software, and transforms the data into insights about customers, applications and the business. Delivered as a cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering and using New Relic's lightning-fast and custom-built Big Data database platform, New Relic Insights empowers application developers and business users alike to make ad hoc and iterative queries across trillions of events and metrics and get answers in seconds.
The Big Data Challenge
Traditionally, there hasn't been a fast, easy or cost-effective way to collect, store and interact with real-time data to gain business or IT insights. With today's fast-paced economy, businesses can no longer afford to wait hours or days for a static report that may not provide the data required for data-driven, software-powered businesses. Frequently, the data is out of date and ad-hoc queries take hours to complete, limiting what and how many questions decision makers can ask -- making data-driven, iterative decision making impossible.
New Relic Insights to the Rescue
- Collect data about your software, customers and business directly from your software using New Relic's intelligent agents
- Store volumes of data in New Relic's super-cluster and take advantage of a custom-built database to query billions of metrics in seconds
- Present visualizations and dashboards immediately with the New Relic Query Language (NRQL), a simple SQL-like language that automatically generates data visualizations, so even novice users get answers fast
New Momentum for the Category of Software Analytics
New Relic Insights is only one offering from New Relic within the much broader Software Analytics category. Every modern business is software-driven and interacts with its customers digitally whether via mobile or the web. As a result, software holds answers about your customers' behaviors and actions, which reflect on the state of your business and your relationship with customers. There are five components that make up Software Analytics:
- Real-time Analytics Platforms - Collect trillions of events from applications and allow users to query the data easily to answer tough business questions
- Application Performance Management - Developers and IT operations groups monitor and troubleshoot the performance of their web and mobile software
- Operational Intelligence - IT operations groups analyze and identify trends in operational systems
- Infrastructure Management - IT Operations groups monitor and troubleshoot the performance of IT infrastructure
- Business Optimization and Analytics Apps - Business user groups optimize their job functions
Ways to Gain From New Relic Insights
- Product Management - Make a query about the adoption of new product features that were recently launched, determine which customers are actually using the features to enable actions and next-steps.
- Marketing - Find out if the new marketing campaign is a homerun or a strikeout in real-time. If it's a homerun -- spend more. If it's a strikeout, kill the campaign before the budget is blown.
- Sales - Track customers' experiences and product usage during a free trial. Immediate insight into key stakeholders and issues that they might have with the product.
- Customer Loyalty and Support - Manage customer engagement and happiness through each click of their mouse. Understand why a customer makes a call to support before they make the call.
- Application Developers and IT Operations - Track customer interactions with a site over the previous 10 minutes to find the root cause of a support issue that cannot be reproduced.
The New Relic Insights Beta Program Highlights
- This new Real-Time Analytics Platform (previously code-named Project Rubicon) is now in public beta. More than 275 customers have participated in the private beta to-date. All paying New Relic customers get immediate access to the new product for free for a limited time.
- Each account gets 1 billion metrics stored for up to seven days for free during the beta period. More than 1 trillion events have already been stored in the new product over the last month.