JupiterWeb, a division of Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM), announced the winners for the Developer.com Product of the Year Awards for 2007. These 2007 awards mark the fifth year for this competition. The winners were nominated and selected by the users of Developer.com (www.developer.com), a leading online information resource dedicated to providing technology information for developers.
"The users of Developer.com nominated a number of diverse products this year. This resulted in an interesting set of finalists, as well as some surprising winners," stated Bradley Jones, Executive Editor of EarthWeb's Software Development Channel. "In the main category of Technology, it was no surprise that AJAX won again. What was surprising is that AJAX dominated in the category with 61% of the votes," added Jones.
Rosemarie Graham, Managing Editor of Developer.com, stated, "This year's voting had some of the most clear-cut winners we've seen since the award started four years ago. Tools such as Apache Ant, which won Development Utility of the Year, and Adobe Flash Lite 2, which won Wireless/Mobile Development Tool of the Year, both won by some of the widest margins we've ever seen."
The winners by category are as follows:
* Technology of the Year - Mozilla's - AJAX * Framework of the Year - Ruby on Rails * Development Tool of the Year - IBM(R) WebSphere(R) Studio * Development Utility of the Year - Apache Ant * Web Service Product of the Year - Google(TM) Maps APIs * Wireless/Mobile Development Tool or Add-in of the Year - Adobe(R) Flash(R) Lite(TM) 2 * Database Tool or Add-in of the Year - Microsoft(R) SQL Server(TM) 2005 * Java Tool/ Add-in of the Year - IBM WebSphere Application Server * JSR (Java Specification Request) of the Year - JSR 244: Java(TM) Platform Enterprise Ed.5 (Java EE 5.0) * .NET Tool/Add-in of the Year - Microsoft AJAX Library, ASP.NET AJAX Control Extensions and ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit (collectively "Atlas") * Open Source Tool of the Year - IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
The complete list of winners and finalists is available on Developer.com (www.developer.com).
Reader Feedback: Page 1 of 1
AJAX News Desk commented on 15 Jan 2007
'The users of Developer.com nominated a number of diverse products this year. This resulted in an interesting set of finalists, as well as some surprising winners,' stated Bradley Jones, Executive Editor of EarthWeb's Software Development Channel. 'In the main category of Technology, it was no surprise that AJAX won again. What was surprising is that AJAX dominated in the category with 61% of the votes,' added Jones.
Coca-Cola’s Google powered digital signage system lays the groundwork for a more valuable connection between Coke and its customers. Digital signs pair software with high-resolution displays so that a message can be changed instantly based on what the operator wants to communicat...
In his session at 21st Cloud Expo, Raju Shreewastava, founder of Big Data Trunk, provided a fun and simple way to introduce Machine Leaning to anyone and everyone. He solved a machine learning problem and demonstrated an easy way to be able to do machine learning without even cod...
The question before companies today is not whether to become intelligent, it’s a question of how and how fast. The key is to adopt and deploy an intelligent application strategy while simultaneously preparing to scale that intelligence. In her session at 21st Cloud Expo, Sangeeta...
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Busin...
DX World EXPO, LLC, a Lighthouse Point, Florida-based startup trade show producer and the creator of "DXWorldEXPO® - Digital Transformation Conference & Expo" has announced its executive management team. The team is headed by Levent Selamoglu, who has been named CEO. "Now is the ...
Your registrations includes: Golden Pass Delegates will receive full conference access on October 20-22, 2008 including: Lunch and Coffee Breaks, Collectible Bag and Archives of all sessions on DVD. Includes access to all Conference Sessions including the Technical Sessions, Exhibits, Keynotes, Vendor Technology Presentations, and Power Panels.
AJAXWorld offers the undisputed best platform to position your company as a leading vendor in the fast-emerging marketplace for AJAX and Enterprise Web 2.0.
Who Should Attend?
• CTOs & VPs of Engineering
• Directors of Technology
• Sr. User Interface Architects
• Front-End Engineers
• VCs & Industry Analysts
• Directors of Business Development
• Software Engineers
• Senior Architects
• Application Programmers & Software Developers
• Project Managers
• Web Programmers & Designers
• Companies & Organizations that need to stay in front of the latest Web technology
AJAXWorld Security Bootcamp
Introducing at AJAXWorld RIA Conference 2008 West the world's first-ever full, one-day immersive "AJAX Security Bootcamp" - led by one of the world's foremost AJAX security experts and teachers, HP's Billy Hoffman.