JupiterWeb, a division of Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM), announced the winners for the Developer.com Product of the Year Awards for 2007. These 2007 awards mark the fifth year for this competition. The winners were nominated and selected by the users of Developer.com (www.developer.com), a leading online information resource dedicated to providing technology information for developers.
"The users of Developer.com nominated a number of diverse products this year. This resulted in an interesting set of finalists, as well as some surprising winners," stated Bradley Jones, Executive Editor of EarthWeb's Software Development Channel. "In the main category of Technology, it was no surprise that AJAX won again. What was surprising is that AJAX dominated in the category with 61% of the votes," added Jones.
Rosemarie Graham, Managing Editor of Developer.com, stated, "This year's voting had some of the most clear-cut winners we've seen since the award started four years ago. Tools such as Apache Ant, which won Development Utility of the Year, and Adobe Flash Lite 2, which won Wireless/Mobile Development Tool of the Year, both won by some of the widest margins we've ever seen."
The winners by category are as follows:
* Technology of the Year - Mozilla's - AJAX * Framework of the Year - Ruby on Rails * Development Tool of the Year - IBM(R) WebSphere(R) Studio * Development Utility of the Year - Apache Ant * Web Service Product of the Year - Google(TM) Maps APIs * Wireless/Mobile Development Tool or Add-in of the Year - Adobe(R) Flash(R) Lite(TM) 2 * Database Tool or Add-in of the Year - Microsoft(R) SQL Server(TM) 2005 * Java Tool/ Add-in of the Year - IBM WebSphere Application Server * JSR (Java Specification Request) of the Year - JSR 244: Java(TM) Platform Enterprise Ed.5 (Java EE 5.0) * .NET Tool/Add-in of the Year - Microsoft AJAX Library, ASP.NET AJAX Control Extensions and ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit (collectively "Atlas") * Open Source Tool of the Year - IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
The complete list of winners and finalists is available on Developer.com (www.developer.com).
Reader Feedback: Page 1 of 1
AJAX News Desk commented on 15 Jan 2007
'The users of Developer.com nominated a number of diverse products this year. This resulted in an interesting set of finalists, as well as some surprising winners,' stated Bradley Jones, Executive Editor of EarthWeb's Software Development Channel. 'In the main category of Technology, it was no surprise that AJAX won again. What was surprising is that AJAX dominated in the category with 61% of the votes,' added Jones.
Enterprises are striving to become digital businesses for differentiated innovation and customer-centricity. Traditionally, they focused on digitizing processes and paper workflow. To be a disruptor and compete against new players, they need to gain insight into business data and...
Containers and Kubernetes allow for code portability across on-premise VMs, bare metal, or multiple cloud provider environments. Yet, despite this portability promise, developers may include configuration and application definitions that constrain or even eliminate application po...
Digital Transformation: Preparing Cloud & IoT Security for the Age of Artificial Intelligence. As automation and artificial intelligence (AI) power solution development and delivery, many businesses need to build backend cloud capabilities. Well-poised organizations, marketing sm...
DXWorldEXPO LLC announced today that Ed Featherston has been named the "Tech Chair" of "FinTechEXPO - New York Blockchain Event" of CloudEXPO's 10-Year Anniversary Event which will take place on November 12-13, 2018 in New York City. CloudEXPO | DXWorldEXPO New York will present ...
Chris Matthieu is the President & CEO of Computes, inc. He brings 30 years of experience in development and launches of disruptive technologies to create new market opportunities as well as enhance enterprise product portfolios with emerging technologies. His most recent venture ...
Your registrations includes: Golden Pass Delegates will receive full conference access on October 20-22, 2008 including: Lunch and Coffee Breaks, Collectible Bag and Archives of all sessions on DVD. Includes access to all Conference Sessions including the Technical Sessions, Exhibits, Keynotes, Vendor Technology Presentations, and Power Panels.
AJAXWorld offers the undisputed best platform to position your company as a leading vendor in the fast-emerging marketplace for AJAX and Enterprise Web 2.0.
Who Should Attend?
• CTOs & VPs of Engineering
• Directors of Technology
• Sr. User Interface Architects
• Front-End Engineers
• VCs & Industry Analysts
• Directors of Business Development
• Software Engineers
• Senior Architects
• Application Programmers & Software Developers
• Project Managers
• Web Programmers & Designers
• Companies & Organizations that need to stay in front of the latest Web technology
AJAXWorld Security Bootcamp
Introducing at AJAXWorld RIA Conference 2008 West the world's first-ever full, one-day immersive "AJAX Security Bootcamp" - led by one of the world's foremost AJAX security experts and teachers, HP's Billy Hoffman.