Industry News Desk
Virtualization Journal Attracts JavaOne Attendees to SYS-CON Media Booth
Virtualization Journal now reaches more than 60,000 online readers with monthly digital editions and weekly newsletters
May. 13, 2008 04:30 AM
Founded in 2005, SYS-CON Media's 'Virtualization Journal (virtualization.sys-con.com) is the world's first magazine devoted exclusively to what Gartner has earmarked as the single highest-impact IT trend through 2012: virtualization. And now it will be available in print, on newsstands worldwide, as the first and only print publication serving Virtualization markets.
Premium Advertising Tool for Virtualization Markets!
Virtualization Journal now reaches more than 60,000 online readers with monthly digital editions and weekly newsletters. The premier issue of the magazine's print edition, which debuts on May 6, 2008, at JavaOne in San Francisco, as a media sponsor of this event, will be available on newsstands worldwide. Article submission inquiries can be directed by email to editorial(at)sys-con.com and the world's most targeted advertising opportunities can be explored by contacting advertising(at)sys-con.com, or by phone 201 802-3021.
SYS-CON Media seeks to support the world-beating "International Virtualization Conference & Expo" series as its premier media sponsor and with top-quality print collateral, available at newsstands wherever fine-quality technical journals are sold.
Already in its third issue, 'Virtualization Journal' seeks to demystify virtualization and help IT professionals and Data Center Managers to understand fully the benefits of virtualization, including reduced power consumption, improved server utilization, increased availability by reducing planned downtime, and reduced costs. Each issue addresses the key drivers, outcomes, and barriers to virtualization deployment.
Topics covered include: Server Virtualization, Desktop Virtualization, Application Virtualization, File Virtualization, The Future of the Virtual Enterprise, Hosted Virtualization, Para-virtualization, Virtualization Hardware Support, Virtual Security, Hardware-level Virtualization, Storage Virtualization, I/O Virtualization, Service-Oriented Virtualization, Virtualization for Server Consolidation and Containment, Windows Virtualization, Utility Computing, State of the Virtualization Services Market, Virtualization-based Malware, Cloud Computing, and Middleware Virtualization.
What's in the Premier Issue of the Print Edition?
Virtualization Journal's premier issue will offer the following technical articles and feature stories:
- "Microsoft's Virtualization Lexicon" by Ben Armstrong (Microsoft)
- "Planning and Securing Virtualization Servers" by Jae Ellers (VMware)
- "Managing the Lego Data Center" by Omar Sultan (Cisco)
- "What's VirtualBox and Why's It Useful to Developers?" by Tim Marsland (Sun)
- "Six Considerations Before Taking Virtualization into Production" by Michael Harding (Symantec)
- "Virtual Data Marts – Solutions with Promise" by Robert Eve (Composite Software)
- "The Next Virtualization Waves Are Just Forming" by Pete Manca (Egenera)
- "Virtualization Lifecycle Management & Virtual Sprawl" by David M. Lynch (Embotics)
- "Security Shouldn't take a Backseat to Virtualization" by Ryan Sherstobitoff (Panda Security)
- "Has VMware Awoken the Slumbering Microsoft Giant" by Brian Madden (The Brian Madden Co)
- "Virtual Security: Challenges & Solutions" by Scott Lowe (ePlus)
- "Can Virtualization Help My Small Business?" by Clint Eschberger (Virtual Enthusiasm)
- "Simplifying Data Center Management" by Madhur Kohli (Levanta)
- "The Role of the Network in Virtualizing Applications & Infrastructure Services" by Peter Linkin (Cisco)
- "What Is Service-Oriented Virtualization?" by John Michelsen (iTKO)
- "Using 'Containers' Virtualization Versus Dedicated Physical Servers" by Marc Perkel (Computer Tyme)
- "Managing Virtual Sprawl" by David M. Lynch (Embotics)
Virtualization Technology Providers and Contributors in 2008
The following companies are among the providers and contributors of Virtualization technology: 3Leaf Systems, 3Tera, Acronis, Actional, Active Endpoints, ActiveGrid, activePDF, ActiveServers, ActiveState, Actuate, Agile Software, Agilent, AGiLiENCE, Agilysys, Akamai, Akorri, AlachiSoft, Altova, AMD, AMDAHL, Amentra, Amyuni, anacubis, Apani, APC, Appcelerator, Appistry, AppStream, Ascential, Attune Systems, Autodesk, AutoVirt, Availl, Azul Systems, BEA Systems, B-Hive, Black Duck Software, Black Hat, Blackbaud, Blue Lane Technologies, BlueArc, BlueNote, BluePhoenix Solutions, BMC Software, Borland, Bristol Technology, Brix Networks, BroadVision, Brocade, Burton Group, Business Objects, CA, CalAmp, Cassatt, Cast Iron, Catbird, Cayenne Technologies, Ceedo Technologies, Cenzic, CiRBA, Cisco Systems, Citrix Systems, ClearApp, ClearCube Technology, Compass America, Composite Software, Compuware, Configuresoft, Continuity Software, Coraid, Courion, Coyote Point Systems, DataDirect, DataSynapse, Dell, Double-Take Software, Ecora Software, EDS, Egenera, Elastra Corporation, Embarcadero, EMC Corporation, Enomaly Open Source, Enterprise Management Associates, Entuity, EqualLogic, ESRI, F5 Networks, Fortisphere, Forum Systems, Fujitsu, GemStone, Getronics, GigaSpaces, Green Hills Software, Grid Dynamics, GridGain Systems, GT Software, Hitachi Data Systems, HP, Hyperic, IBM, ICEsoft, Illumita, ILOG, IMEX Research, Information Builders, InstallFree, Intel, International Computerware, iTKO LISA, JBoss, Juniper, Kidaro, LynuxWorks, ManageIQ, Marathon Technologies, Mellanox, Microsoft, Mindreef, MKS, Moka5, Motorola, NASTEL, Ncomputing, NEC, NetApp, Netegrity, Neverfail, Nexaweb, NextAxiom, Nimbus, Novell, OpenSpan, OPNET Technologies, OpTier, Oracle, Panacea Software, Parallels, Pillar Data Systems, PlateSpin, PLX Technologies, Progress Software, Prolifics, Prosync Technology, Provision Networks, QLogic, Quest Software, Racemi, Raxco Software, Red Hat, Reflex Security, Resolutions Enterprises, Riverbed Technology, Rogue Wave, rPath, RSA Security, SanDisk, SAP, Saugatuck Technology, ScaleMP, Secure Command, ShavLik, ServInt Internet Services, Silpion IT Solutions, Software AG, Splunk, StackSafe, Stoneware, StoreVault, StrikeIron, STT, WebOS, Sun Microsystems, Surgient, Sybase, Symantec, Tenfold, TheInfoPro, Thinstall, Third Brigade, TIBCO Software, Tideway Systems, TRANGO Virtual Processors, Transitive, Trend Micro, Trigence, Unisys, Verio, VeriSign, Virtual Iron, VirtualLogix, Vizioncore, VKernel, VMLogix, vmSight, VMware, WSO2, XDS, Xiotech, xkoto, and Xsigo Systems.